Friday, January 18, 2013

Wait. What?! (Genesis 19-21)

Do you ever hear or see something and you're just like, "Wait.  What?!"  For instance, utilikilts, the news that side ponytails are out of style, invisible girlfriend scandals, and Honey Boo Boo are just a few of the things that have stopped me in my tracks.  Today I had to stop in surprise (shock?) not once but twice.  The first was at the New York Gym Raver.  If you have not yet seen this YouTube video, allow me:

I mean, what?!  This kills me.  I love it so much.  I can't stop watching the part where he starts lifting the 5lb weight.

Then, I had to do a double-take (different kind of "wait, what?" this time) when I got to Genesis 19:4-5.  I'll let you investigate if you have your druthers.  And let me tell you something, the rest of today's reading does not get less shocking.  I just don't get so much of this!  It does make for intriguing reading- Danielle Steele has nothing on Moses' recorded scandals.  Among other happenings, Issac is born!  Which may be the most normal thing that happened in my Bible today.

No comments: