Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Genesis 1-3

The beginning truly is a very good place to start.  Already I'm kicking myself.  Here is a story I thought I knew inside-out: God creates Earth and says "don't eat that", Adam and Eve eat it anyway (because of that sneaky snake!), then put clothes on and hit the bricks, never to return to Eden again (the angelic guard and flaming sword would see to that!).

But.  Already God is showing me that the stories I thought I knew are going to be shiny and new this time around.  And the next time around too, no doubt.  That's why it's called the "living water" right?  One verse I loved in this first, little section of Genesis is in chapter 1, verse 14: " And God said, 'Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years..." Is that a hint toward the star the Wise Men would someday follow to Jesus?  Is there a hint this early on?  I don't know, but I love that God had a plan for those heavenly bodies and for every one of His children that would walk his creation. 

A toast!  To one day down, 364 to go!  So far, so good.  I'm praying for you tonight.  That wherever you dip your toes in the living water, something will surprise you, delight you, or even raise a few questions in the complex, inquisitive, brilliant mind God gave you.

No comments: