Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's A Breeze! (Psalm 56, 120, 140-142)

The Psalms are so lovely. I wish I could memorize every last one of them. This is where reading the Bible in chronological order is really interesting too. These Psalms are so much more meaningful when we know they were prayed by a fearful, desperate David- hiding in a cave, knowing his very head is being hunted. Aren't the best prayers prayers of desperation?
--------------------------------------

I have to share this great book with you.  Just Sunday we were teaching our Sunday school kids about  Thomas and his doubting ways. We tried to explain to the kiddos God is like the wind; we can't see Him, but we can see His work and feel Him too. Serendipitously, my daughter grabbed this book at the library the next day.


It is a children's book, technically, but speaks to people of all ages about faith. I love it, and couldn't wait to pass it on to you!


No comments: