Friday, April 5, 2013

Hey there Delilah (Judges 16-18)

Hey there Delilah, you little twerp!  The saga concludes today with Samson finally giving the glory to God and not keeping it for himself.  Sadly, the lesson was too little, too late.  Did you just want to scream when you were reading it?  Samson knows that telling Dirty D his hairy secret means certain doom, but he does it anyway!  Talk about frustrating!

Then there's Micah.  After a bit of brief Google research, it looks like this is a different Micah than the prophet who wrote the book bearing his name.  So, I have to say I was a little confused about why this Micah's story made its way into our Bible.  My first thought was that it served to remind readers about the lawlessness of the time- these couple chapters mention more than once the lack of leadership in Israel.  Then, in my super scientific, theological studies (Googling), I learned the Levite priest was a descendant of Moses!  Aha!  I'm not sure yet what that has to do with anything, but it seems noteworthy!


No comments: