Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Life's A Garden, Dig It.

Is anybody else bumming about the pitch blackness we are in by 5:30pm these days?  Even though I know it's coming this time every year, it always sneaks up on me and bums me out.  Not to mention makes me considerably less productive.  Once the girls are asleep, it's all cozy-up in front of the fire (probably with some popcorn- maybe the kettle variety, maybe butter; it depends on the night.) with my laptop (is this the best Pinterest season or what?!), knitting needles, or book until it's time to move my hiney from the couch to the bed.  I sort of love it, I'm not going to lie, but I can't help but remember Matthew 24:42-43:

"But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

And then? I can't help but remember Joe Dirt. 


Remember when he says, "Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back, making fun of Joe Dirt?"  Weird that any tiny word of the Gospel would remind me of Joe Dirt, but it is what it is!  Just another reason to get my face in the Bible- fingers crossed Jesus returns when I'm reading his very words, or praying over my babies, or doing something worthwhile!  At the very least I hope I'm not indulging in one of my guiltiest pleasures... although I'm happy to share my popcorn if He stops by any night this week.

No comments: