Tuesday, November 26, 2013

CAPS LOCK

Eeeeeee!  I started putting out Christmas decorations today!!  Normally I make myself wait until the day after Thanksgiving, but there has to be some allowance for the lateness of Thanksgiving this year, right?  One of my very favorite moments of the entire year is putting my nativity scene on the mantle with my girls.  (I get all cheesy and traditional around Christmas, you should just know.)  The mantle isn't fully decorated yet, but here is the scene:

Do you see baby Jesus?  Isn't he sweet as pie?
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!  And speaking of speaking in all-caps, can we just take a moment to love Paul?  This line is actually in the Bible and I didn't even know it: "See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!" (Galations 6:11)  He kills me!

In his large handwriting, Paul goes on to discuss circumcision.  The old Julie would have skimmed over this part because if ever something didn't relate to me?  It would be this particular debate.  Now I can see how this IS relevant to me; not circumcision exactly, but the main point that "... what counts is the new creation."  New life in Jesus- it's for everyone!


No comments: