Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Thoughts and Words

I am not superstitious.  But when I woke up to a snowstorm today, I cut down the snowflake ornaments I still had hanging from the light fixture above my dining room table.  Cut them with a mighty snip.  On my way to take my daughter to school there were several cars off the road and I felt my own giant vehicle slip under me more than once, causing me to think lots of less-than-holy words. 

Last week, when I locked my keys in my car (or so I thought, I actually left them in the ice arena, on the desk, but didn't realize that until we waited outside for 45 minutes for my husband to bring the extra set from home) I said a lot of not nice words right out loud.  Lots of words, lots of times.

Here is my point: sometimes I say bad things and sometimes I think bad things.

Have I mentioned the verse I have by the door that the girls and I recite every time we leave the house?  It's Psalm 19:14. "May my spoken words and unspoken thoughts be pleasing even to you, O Lord, my Rock and Redeemer."  Yeah.  I know.  But I'm trying!  I swear.

No comments: