Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day (Psalm 102-104, 2 Samuel 5:1-10, 1 Chronicles 11-12)

Happy May Day!  I could not be happier to be done with April!  Mother Nature agreed, and gave us 80 degree weather and the most lovely sunshine I've seen all year!  I put out my hummingbird feeders, bought my garden seeds, pulled some weeds and soaked up my vitamin D!  Then I celebrated the day with a root beer float.  It hit the spot in a big way! 

Root beer floats are just one of my weaknesses.  I love food.  I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm stressed, I eat when I'm mad.  So Psalm 102:4 is just bewildering to me: "... I forget to eat my food."  What?!  I've never had that problem.  Nope, never.

Poor David in all his 1 Chronicles, chapter 11 thirst probably would have looooved a root beer float.  I bet he wouldn't have poured that on the ground!  The three mighty warriors of 1 Chronicles 11:18 must have been ready to wring his neck when he just dumped their bravely sought out water on the ground.  It was a nice gesture, David, but !?!?!!?

I hope your own day was filled with ash-free food and tear-free drink (see Psalm 102:9), and here's to root beer float-filled tomorrows!

1 comment:

Carla said...

I'll cheers to that with a Diet Mountain Dew!