Friday, May 3, 2013

Easy As 1, 2, 3! (Psalm 133, 106-107)

A lot of the Psalms we've been reading start out the same way, "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."  And no wonder!  It's worth repeating. (And making into a song!  See below!)  Every part of the verse is so simple and true and I'd be smart to repeat it a thousand times a day.

1. "Give thanks to the Lord"  Yes!  Do it!  It is just good manners.  Plus, a self-serving spin: it keeps my own spirits up.  Nothing puts things into perspective like itemizing every blessing I can think of!
2. "for he is good"  I don't know if our human minds can even understand this one.  God is GOOD.  He is without wickedness, he does not manipulate, become greedy, act unjustly... ever!!  That's amazing.  That's miraculous.  That's God!
3.  "his love endures forever."  And thank goodness for it!  My heart breaks for people who never felt a parent's love- as a child or as a parent, because it gives me such comfort to know God loves me even more than my parents loved me.  Even more than I love my kids.  I will love my munchkins forever, so I know that as much as I might screw up and frustrate God, his love for me will endure all my sin for all time.





No comments: