Tuesday, December 24, 2013

That's A Wrap!

This may go down in history as the most frantic Christmas ever for our family.  We have been without power for three days, so we had to cancel Christmas with my in-laws (they were supposed to come to our house today, but I'm willing to bet a Christmas ham is less inviting when it hasn't been cooked).  We are staying with my parents, but stupidly only packed for one day ("It's Christmas!  We won't be without power for more than one day!"), so we're doing lots of laundry and I may or may not be wearing my mom's underwear right now.

I spent three hours yesterday at urgent care with my little middle, who apparently was on the brink of pneumonia.  My brother and sister-in-law (also staying here with my parents) were both struck with the stomach flu last night and are currently fast asleep on the bathroom floor.  Probably not with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads.  The good news is that their basement didn't flood... mine did.  So my husband is at our frigid house dealing with that.

We made a small attempt to be stressed out, but truthfully?  We know these are tiny, tiny issues in the grand scheme of things.  Please don't mistake this for complaining.  You've never seen a merrier bunch of power outage refugees!

Also, there is a spring in my step and an extra dollop of joy in my heart today (and never mind that my 2 year old got bit in the face by a dog yesterday!) because I have finished reading the Bible!  Of course, when I say I'm finished reading the Bible, I don't mean I'm finished reading the Bible.  It's like a delicious Christmas cookie... I can't just put it down! But I did wrap up Revelation last night!  I was so scared to read that final book, but the truth is I didn't even comprehend enough of it to be worried!  Honestly, the few parts I did understand seemed more comforting than anything.

Merry Christmas all.  I pray you are healthy and happy and have running water!  Have a joyful, merry day celebrating our Savior's birth.

No comments: